Friday, October 17, 2014

Bible Journaling Psalms 103


Today's craft time was spent in Bible Journaling. I recently purchased a NIV Notetaker's Bible and I love it. What a way to study the word of God. I am enjoying this very much. I start off by picking out a scripture or scriptures that have stood out to me in my bible study time. Today's scriptures were
 Psalms 103 :1-5

Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

First thing I did was prep my page borders with Gesso and let dry...I used a very light coat just enough for me to paint over.



After my Gesso dried I then apply a nice amount of  Acrylic paint in the color of Dark Yellow.


When my Acrylic paint dried I then started decorating the page. I add some black lines around the boarder and then stenciled some blue pokey dots along the border also. I use stickers for the word "Praise" and added a little tab to my page.

To change up my stickers I rubbed Gesso over them with my finger and let that dry. When it was good and dry I then used my small stamp pads in yellow and teal and went over my letters. I added a few other elements such as a few doodles and a hand made "the Lord" label. 

Finished Product:
Turned out pretty I think. This is probably one of my favorite things to do.
Thanks for looking and God Bless!!


No comments:

Post a Comment