Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Altered Sketch Book


"We are not one thing
We're drawn here together
My ocean and me"
In my Arms Lyrics by Jon Foreman

A lovely song by a lovely man. I made an altered sketch book for him for his 38th birthday. Jon is a surfer so I wanted this book to feel oceany. I used a plain black sketch book. First thing I did was add gesso to the cover and let dry. I then added a few layers of acrylic paint in Laguna! And I let that dry.

I then added some alcohol ink in drops and let them run down the front of the book. I added a little bit of white and yellow around the edges and then started playing with paper. Hand drew the clouds and just torn the ocean out of some paper.


Added some music note paper to the background and then handmade the words to this lovely song of his. Mod Podged everything on. After it dried I added a few more layers of Mod Podge.


Love the colors in this project....I think it feels oceany and I hope Jon enjoys sketching in this book for months....Hopefully some great songs will be wrote in this book!! Yay!!


Thanks for looking and God Bless!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment